It all started Thursday morning. I woke up from sleeping with a clogged left ear and semi-clogged right ear. No big deal, this has happened many times before and I just thought it was drainage. Dropped CDV off, went to work, picked CDV up, came home and my left ear started to hurt a little. I ate a little for lunch and laid down to take a nap. There was still an hour or so before Tony would get home from work. The pain continued to get worse, but not unbearable. As soon as Tony got home I took his truck and drove to the clinic. Got checked out and confirmed ear infection in my left ear and nearly clogged from ear wax in my right ear (this was not a surprise). Stopped to get gas, dropped of prescription, ran home, changed and left for Tony's soccer banquet.
At this point in the day I could hear out of my right ear about 3/4 as much as normal and my left ear about 1/2 to 1/4 as much as normal. Thursday night I was tired...laid down to go to sleep, but was only able to sleep a total of 2 hours the whole night from pain in my ear. I had Tony call the ER to see if there was anything else I needed to do and they said to keep taking Tylenol or Motrin for the pain. I kept up with the pills according to directions and kept a sock with rice heated up on my left ear.
Friday morning Tony woke up, got ready for school and headed out. I told him I didn't think I could take care of CDV in the state I was in. He called in a sub and I called the clinic at 8am (as soon as it opened). The outer part of my ear was swollen and they said the only thing they could recommend was me coming back in to have it looked at. At this point I basically had no hearing in my left ear and my right ear was feeling a little clogged, but I could still hear. Sat there waiting for what seemed like an eternity. A sweet man offered to let me go in before him, but the nurse said I couldn't b/c someone else was still ahead of me.
When we got in the doc looked at it and said it was almost completely closed off and they put a wick in my ear. They gave me 3 shots in the rear (1 for pain, 1 for antibiotics and 1 for inflammation). They seemed to kick in pretty quickly THANKFULLY and made me really drowsy. I have pretty much been sleeping off and on since then. I go back to see the doc on Monday unless things get worse or I need to go in again before then.
My husband has been so wonderful through all of this. He has done laundry, taken care of CDV, made meals, made sure I had my meds., put in my ear drops and not gotten completely frustrated with my sudden lack of hearing. I know it has to be a challenge for him to keep repeating things for me.
As of right now I have a very muffled ability to hear, have to have closed caption on the TV on and can't hear people on the phone. I AM THANKFUL THE PAIN IS TREMENDOUSLY LESS! I sometimes wonder if I will be able to hear normally again, but I guess we will see. God is so GOOD either way!!!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ouch! I have had the ear ache so bad I missed 2 weeks of work. Crazy! It sounds like you are doing the right things. Go to the doc as often as needed to get it completely cleared up. The hearing should come back......just takes some time. Love to all,
Mrs. George
Post a Comment