Our car was packed before graduation on Saturday, went to graduation (not too exciting with a near two year old), got food and attempted to leave, went back across town to get a couple things we forgot and we were off around 11:30 or so I believe! We arrived outside Rosebud, Texas (The Springs is the sister camp where we had our training)on Sunday at 3:45 am...yes, you just read that correctly...3:45AM. CDV of course slept the whole way there so he was awake when we arrived. We were tired, but I worked on my laptop to keep myself awake to talk to Tony and keep him awake. We got what we needed brought in and ALL went back to sleep (THANKFULLY!). We are BLESSED to have wonderful friends that already had beds put together for us to climb into (THANKS CHRIS AND KATE!) However, CDV had enough and was ready to go at 7:30. We got up, got ready and set out to immerse ourselves into the camp atmosphere once again.
We were a little nervous, but started meeting counselors and other staff right off the bat. There are fun, amazing people working at Camp Good News this summer. I hope to continue to get to know them more as the summer goes on. I had a wake up call with my age at first (still am a little). Most of the counselors are fresh into college which means they are close to 10 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME! No, I am not saying I am old, but I didn't realize it had been that long since I was in that place they are now.
Tony played with the counselors and staff all week getting to know everyone and learning his role as Head Boys Counselor. He also went through some different discussions about what is appropriate and expected of them. I took turns with Kate and Anitra watching the kiddos while we did different trainings and activities ourselves. (Kate did most of the kid watching so I could get involved a little more...thanks again!) I got started on paperwork a couple days into the week so we could all get paid. I soon discovered that I did not give some of the correct information and some of the checks had to be voided and reprinted. I was SO FRUSTRATED with myself! I was quickly uplifted and reassured by Kate and Phylis that I am learning and I''ll get it down. CDV played and got bit, played and got bit, played and got bit and played and got bit (the biting was by bugs for further clarification...HE IS FINE, just a little itchy at times)...I will do a whole post on his adventures a little later.
It took us a good 2-3 hours to get everything repacked in the excursion, but Tony made it happen. We were on the road around 3:30pm and weren't quite sure where we were going to land. We ended up calling my mentor teacher, Mrs. Jones, from my student teaching days. She welcomed us right in to her home and party she was having with the teachers she works with. We have had a lovely night and I am once again up TOO LATE! I just wanted to keep everyone updated on us. Not real sure how often I will be able to do this, but keep checking to see where we are and what is happening.
Please continue prayers for health, safety, focus and the Holy Spirit's movement through our lives, the staffs' lives and the campers' live this summer.
MUCH LOVE!
Theresa Vu
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment