Poor, Poor Little Baby!! :(
Well, we had quite a scare today. CDV woke up from his morning nap so I got him ready to eat lunch. All strapped in the chair eating crackers while I got the rest of his lunch ready. He ate some broccoli and then I thought, "I think I'm going to try something new today." I got a piece of bread, peanut butter and milk out. Someone had mentioned thinning out peanut butter with milk for a sandwich for little ones. It didn't look the greatest, but it gave the bread some flavor, just not as sticky. I gave him a little taste and he seemed to like it so I broke the rest into little bites for CDV and walked back to what I was doing. I noticed that he was pulling at his ear which happens, so I wasn't concerned. A few minutes later I saw him throwing food on the ground. I assumed he was finished so I cleaned him up, took him out of the chair and put him in the living room with Tony. A minute or so later Tony picked him up and said, "Why is your face so red all of a sudden?" I asked him to bring him over to me. CDV started crying, shaking his head all over the place and pulling at his head. It looked like his check was a little puffy too. All of a sudden it hit me that I had never given him peanut butter before. I ran around trying to find my cell phone to call his doctor while Tony tried to calm CDV and kept calm himself (unlike me). The nurse got the doctor on right away and he had me give him Benadryl. He said if that didn't work and his breathing became labored or he couldn't swallow we must take him to the emergency room immediately. Getting the medicine in him was not so easy, but his face went back to normal in less than 20 minutes and he was playing again in less than 10. Praise GOD that we did not have to make a trip to the emergency room!!!! CDV is not allowed to eat any type of nut or peanut butter for now and we have to keep Benadryl on hand at all times. We may be taking him to a specialist after he turns one. We may have to start carrying an epi-pen. It was super scary, but God took care of him! THANK YOU JESUS!!!

1 comment:
Sweet boy! Thank the LORD that Tony was there...and this wasn't during the school year!
Post a Comment