I am having so much fun listening to CDV learn how to compile words into sentences and learn about his world. I need to make sure I make more notes of these things. The latest two things that have caught my attention are "Can you hold my this?" and "My bed is singing."
"Can you hold my this?" came about as we were leaving the house the other day. CDV had his cup in one hand and a much larger object in the other. He was walking towards the door where Tony was standing trying to lift the heavier object up to him as he ask, "Can you hold my this?"
"My bed is singing" happened this morning. I have tried to make it a rule that CDV can only get in our bed to sleep in the morning when Daddy is gone to work already. He woke up last night around 3am, I gave him a tiny sip of water and turned the music on his bed on. He came to our room right after the music went off, 20 minutes later. I took him back to his room and turned on his CD player with a CD on repeat. This morning he came in around 7am to get in bed with me. He climbed up, laid right down and went back to sleep almost immediately. I got up around 8am and began to get ready for the day. I came back in the room from the shower to fix my hair. I saw him wake up so I went to talk to him. He said, "You are wet. Take shower?" I told him that I did take a shower and that's why my hair is wet. "I want to take a shower," he said. "You took a bath last night." He had that silly grin on his face when you know he's being goofy. I started giving him kisses all over his face. When I stopped he said, "I need more kisses." Who can pass that up?! I gave him more. "Is that enough?"
"No, more kisses."
"How about now?"
"No, more."
This went on for a good few minutes. After I stopped the last time he looked up at the monitor on Tony's dresser and said, with a puzzled look on his face, "My bed is singing." I told him the music was still on in his room and we needed to go turn it off. "I don't want music off." Thus started another day of 'the two-year old trying to decide what he really wants'. Gotta love it!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment